Step by Step Instructions to create a survey.
- You can manage the email settings and set defaults for the emails. Each survey has the ability to update the email settings for Email Subject and Email Body.
- Create a new Ninja Form
- Scroll down to the option “Enable Header Area” and set to OFF.
- Create A new “Page” to display the Ninja Form and select the form under the “Append a Ninja Form” section.
- Create the Survey by adding a new survey
- Add a Title, select the Survey page that you created in step 2 and select to have public access or not. Default is Block Public Access.
- Click Add Users under Survey->Add Users, and upload the CSV of users.
- The users will be added to the survey users list after you approve the list of users.
- See the list of users on the survey page you created.
- When ready, click “Start Sending Emails” on the survey page.
- At any time, you can click “Stop Sending Email” and the system will stop processing the emails that are waiting to send.
Step by Step Instructions to add individual emails to an existing survey.
- Click on the Surveys tab and select All Surveys.
- Click on the survey you wish to add the additional users to and upon the page loading, take note if the survey was left last in a state of STOP Sending Emails or START Sending Emails. This is determined by what the blue button on the top right of the page is stating. If it states the STOP Sending Emails option, it means it is alert and ready to automatically send any additional users that will be added in the next step. Alternatively, should you see the button offering you to START Sending Emails, it means the system will accept new users and have them in a pending state until you click on the START Sending Emails button. Now that we have this confirmed, we can go to the next step.
- Click on the Surveys tab, select Add Users.
- Select the existing survey you wish to add the new emails (which you have confirmed its sending state above) from the drop down.
- Click Choose File to upload your CSV file that contains the additional emails and then click UPLOAD CSV FILE.
- If all looks correct in the preview, click SAVE SURVEY USERS.
- All additional users will now be added to the chosen survey which can be viewed by going back to All Surveys and clicking on the survey.
- Depending on which state you had confirmed in step 2 above, the additional users will have their email sent within 60 seconds or less if it was offering STOP Sending Emails. Alternatively, the system will send upon you click START Sending Emails.
- Refresh the page after 60 seconds and you should see the status as Email sent.
User Information On Ninja Forms
To add user information to a ninja form that autofills, please use the following instructions.
- Create a hidden field on the Ninja Form
- Edit the field
- Add a label that describes the information. For this example we will use Label: First Name
- Under “Administration” add the FIELD KEY from the legend below. For this example we will use FIELD KEY: user_first_name
- Click Done button in the top right corner.
- Repeat these steps for each field information that you want collected in the form submission.
|Field Label Examaple||Field KEY|
- Click on Surveys – Reports to generate and download CSV reports on either submissions or email rosters.
- Select individual surveys by checking the boxes to the right of the surveys or selecting all by checking the box to the right of Surveys at the top of the list.
- Next choose Submissions Report or Roster Report from the drop down menu at the bottom of the list and click Generate Selected Report from Selected Surveys.
- You will then be automatically redirected to either the Submissions Report page or the Roster Reports page depending on the the selection in Step 3 above.
- Within a period of one minute, the requested report will show the status from Pending to Complete upon which a Download option will be presented. Click to Download the CSV to your computer.
Manually sending survey link from existing users:
- Click Settings – Offload SES followed by the Activity tab.
- Paste the email address of the user you would like to copy the survey link from into the All Recipients search box at the top right.
- Click on View Email.
- Copy the hashed URL from the body of the email.
Modifying user info after a roster upload and resend email to user:
- Click on Users from the right man admin menu and select All Users.
- Search via email or name from the top right search field.
- Click Edit, modify the name or email and click save.
- If email is to be resent: take note if the survey was left last in a state of STOP Sending Emails or START Sending Emails. This is determined by what the blue button on the top right of the page is stating. If it offers the STOP Sending Emails option, it means it is alert and ready to automatically send any additional users that will be added in the next step. Alternatively, should you see the button offering you to START Sending Emails, it means the system will accept new users and have them in a pending state until you click on the START Sending Emails button. Now that we have this confirmed, we can go to the next step.
- Go back to the survey the user was uploaded to, search for the modified name or email by using your browser’s search function.
- Select the user via the check mark to the right.
- Click Resent Emails to Selected Users.
Please create the following 2 cron jobs on the LIVE server.
- * * * * * php /vol2/www/bmrt/public_html/wp-content/plugins/taetion-custom-survey/crons/process-users-live.php
- * * * * * php /vol2/www/bmrt/public_html/wp-content/plugins/taetion-custom-survey/crons/send-emails-live.php
- * * * * * php /vol2/www/bmrt/public_html/wp-content/plugins/taetion-custom-survey/crons/generate-report.php
- * * * * * php /vol2/www/bmrt/public_html/wp-content/plugins/taetion-custom-survey/crons/generate-roster-report.php